Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Check Out Our Main Site Check Out Our Main Site
Home Help Search Online Games Login Register
News:

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
06 VNEA Vegas Updates (Read 10173 times)
Wade
YaBB Administrator

Loveland, Ohio, USA

Shuffle up and deal.

06 VNEA Vegas Updates
May 27th, 2006, 2:43pm

Here is where I will be keeping all the updates on how teams from Cincinnati are doing as it happens at the VNEA International tournament in Las Vegas. So, keep an eye on this thread daily between May 30th and June 3rd.

I don't have an attitude problem, you have a perception problem.
Email View Profile   IP Logged
Wade
YaBB Administrator

Loveland, Ohio, USA

Shuffle up and deal.

Re: 06 VNEA Vegas Updates
Reply #1 - May 31st, 2006, 6:30pm

So far Zappz is still in the winner’s bracket after three rounds (2pm, 7pm, and 9:30pm matches). There are currently only 64 teams left in the winner’s bracket.  
Zappz's plays again at 9am on Thursday.

High Rollers (Charlie Hans’s team) played an awesome Canadian team in the first round. Charlie’s team played fantastic to pull out a win but unfortunately followed it up with a disappointing loss in the next round.
I have heard anything on their progress for today.

D ick Hornstat’s team Memories won their first round, lost their second, then lost the third. Now their in the hard luck tournament.

Westy’s lost their first two rounds and are in the Sportsman tournament

The all girls team ( F.R.O.G.) from Country Fox won their first round and lost their second round on Tuesday. On Wednesday they had an early match and lost. I havent heard yet if they are going to enter the Hard Luck tournament.

Vince’s team (Pete Foul and Ernie Byrd) won their first round and lost the next two. I know for sure that on my way out of the tournament area, after our 930 match on Tuesday, I stopped by their match and they were down real bad going into the fifth round.
UPDATE
Vince's won their last match, coming from behind and winning by 3 balls on Tuesday.

I’m sure I have missed some teams and will keep updating this info as time allows.

Wade
YaBB Administrator

Loveland, Ohio, USA

Shuffle up and deal.

Re: 06 VNEA Vegas Updates for Wed Night
Reply #2 - Jun 1st, 2006, 3:20am

Wednesday Night Update

High Rollers (Charlie Hans’s team) played against the 1997 open champions and just couldnt beat them (they really got screwed on the bracket draw) Smiley. I think that Tim Jr is protesting and may get the other team dis-qualified which would put them back in it and in the winners bracket for tomorrow. I will post the ruling as soon as I know how it turned out.

Westy’s Will start in the Sportsman Tournament on Thursday morning

The F.R.O.G.S. Girls will start in the "Hardluck Tournament" on Thursday morning.

Vince’s team (Pete Foul and Ernie Byrd) played a tough match but came up a little short one round before the money. I suspect they will enter the "Hardluck Tournament"  

Zappz's got a lucky draw in the winners bracket  Smiley and is still hanging in there. Their next match is at 9am on Thursday

Will try and keep updates posted as promptly as possibe

Wade
YaBB Administrator

Loveland, Ohio, USA

Shuffle up and deal.

Reply #3 - Jun 1st, 2006, 6:09pm

Thursday Afternoon Update

Zappz's  played at 9am and again at 11:30am.
At 9am we played a team from Canada that was really tough. They jumped out to an early lead by winning 4 out of 5 but we returned the favor in the 3rd and 4th rounds. In the end we were all tied up after 5 rounds and went into a 6th round. Zappz lost the first two but put a 10-0 and a 10-1 in the 3rd and 4th games sealed the deal for Zappz.

In the next round at 11:30am we play another good team and it came down to Joe Mac in the fourth game of the 5th round and Joe got out for the victory.

We play again at 4:30pm.

I won’t be posting any more info today because it cost 10 a day for internet here. I will buy more time on Friday to let everyone know how we’re doing.

I dont know how everyone else is doing because they keep us so busy shooting. I know that Zappz's is the only team still in the main event (presently in the top 32). Others are still in the Sportsman's and the Hardluck. I'll try and get more info and post it on Friday.

Wade
YaBB Administrator

Loveland, Ohio, USA

Shuffle up and deal.

Reply #4 - Jun 2nd, 2006, 5:22pm

Thursday Night Update

Zappz's  played 5 times on Thursday. All of the matchs were bloody but Zappz'z was able to pull out the first 4 to make it to the top 8 in the winners bracket. In the 5th match we missed a lot of early 10-0 run-outs by missing strait-in 8balls which ended up costing us the victory.

We play again at 3pm Friday from the losers bracket.

Wade
YaBB Administrator

Loveland, Ohio, USA

Shuffle up and deal.

Reply #5 - Jun 3rd, 2006, 2:29pm

Friday Update

Zappz's
Well, we hung in there tough but it wasnt enough at our 3pm match on Friday. It came down to the last round and last player but we just didnt get it done.

Final tally, Zappz places in 9th place and takes in $2200.

High Rollers (Charlie Hans Team)
Took 2nd place in the Hard Luck Tournament. I dont know what the pay out was.

Wade
YaBB Administrator

Loveland, Ohio, USA

Shuffle up and deal.

Reply #6 - Jun 21st, 2006, 9:25pm

Ok, I finally got around to scanning all the score sheets into Adobe.
Click on the link below to view them. I had some trouble with match order so they may be out of order but each was played.

Score Sheets

jackzxcasd
Ex Member

Reply #7 - Sep 18th, 2011, 9:37pm

Ok, I finally got around to scanning all the score sheets into Adobe.  
Click on the link below to view them. I had some trouble with match order so they may be out of order but each was played.  

pearl Jewelry
  pearls jewelry
  Christmas Gifts

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print